Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Law school video shoot trivia


I'm pretty spent from two full days of a campus video shoot, so I'll return to my campus photography series next week. But I did learn a few interesting things I thought I'd share...
  • Law students like to participate in video shoots more than still photo shoots. When I typically ask students to feature them in our marketing efforts through interviews and still portraits, I'll get a 50-60% positive response rate. With that in mind, I asked about twice as many students to participate in our video interviews. Response rate: 95%. Enough said.

  • The traditional movie clapboard (pictured above) is called a slate. We didn't actually use the one that our cinematographer had with him, but he explained that the slate helps for synchronizing video and audio, as the sound of the clap can be matched to the visual of the slate hitting.

  • Not counting broadcast talent, law students and lawyers are the second-most natural group of professionals on camera. The most natural group according to our seasoned cinematographer: funeral home directors.

3 comments:

  1. I have been visiting various blogs for my term papers writing research. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with in valuable information... Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi , I've read a few things on this site and I really do think that it has helped tremendously.

    clapboards

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm grateful for such an adequate post. You're a great blogger! I wish you to keep up the good work! And do not forget about our online writing service
    graduate/professionalschoolmarketing (graduate/professional school marketing)!

    ReplyDelete