- "Can you make our logo, phone number and web address fit on this pen?"
- "I don't do social media. Can I have my student assistant run my Facebook page instead?"
- "I need a link on the home page."
- "This important official is visiting campus today at noon, and we need publicity. Just don't release his/her name for security reasons."
- "Only five people have RSVPed for tonight's event downtown. Can you help us get a crowd?"
- "I heard an ad for your college on the radio. Can we meet for 30 minutes to discuss how stadium bathroom stall advertising can help you reach your target market?"
- "Can we use these photos from my flip phone in the brochure?"
- "For some reason, that reporter at [national news outlet] seemed irritated when I called him the next day."
- "Your design is OK, but we're tired of the school colors so we had our research assistant design something new in Publisher."
- "Real writers use the serial comma."
Thursday, January 3, 2013
10 cringe-worthy things #highered marketing professionals hear
One of my favorite PR news sites recently offered a list of 14 cringe-worthy things PR clients say. As a light-hearted first post for 2013 (following my extended maternity-leave blogging hiatus), I bring to you a version for those of us in higher ed marketing: